Denim jeans are part of a Billion people’s wardrobe! Let us really check some amazing facts about one of the most fashionable outfits.
1. Have you ever wondered where the word denim came from? It comes from the name of the French city, Nimes. 'De Nimes' means 'of Nimes'.
2. Levi Strauss, who discovered the famous brand Levi’s jeans, never wore a pair of his own jeans! He was also the one who discovered jeans with Jacob Davis.
3. Can you imagine how much denim fabric is produced globally? It is 7.5 billion feet every single year. Barely 325 pairs of jeans can be made from one bale of cotton.
4. Worldwide 50% of denim is produced in Aian continents! China, India, and Bangladesh.
5. Stretch denim is most prevalent nowadays. Spandex is Used in Stretch Denim is only 3%.
6. The fifth pocket or coin pocket in your jeans was originally designed for a pocket watch
7. ( YKK) Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikikaisha is the company which makes 90% of the world’s zippers for jeans.
8. 450 million pairs of jeans are sold in America yearly, which gives a stats of 7 jeans owned minimum by each American citizen.
9. The weird law of North Korea marks denim jeans as illegal.
10. Jeans were not jeans earlier; but were originally called 'waist overalls;
I hope with this valuable content, you got some knowledgeable information which are facts and reality about denim jeans!